Monday, July 11, 2011

Here's some pics from the summary post below
Busselton jetty


Stirling Ranges

Wave Rock - Hyden

Holland Track


This bit was fun -  very fast :)

Rider down! - Holland track

My camp in the middle of the Holland track


Yeah, that's something I left out of the last post about the Holland track.  I was starting to get pretty tired and realised that I hadn't eaten anything for lunch other than a muesli bar.  After half a dozen near misses of nearly dropping it in the sand on some tight corners, I finally succumbed to gravity and down she went.  No damage done to the bike, or myself.  I think I did more damage to myself by lifting the bike up rather than from the fall.  I decided it was time to stop before I ended up hurting myself.  There's a tonne of camping spaces along this track, so it was only 5 min later and I found a place to set up the tent and get a small fire going.  I dined on Mexican Chicken with Nacho chips, a coffee, and a nightcap of Jim Beam.  I was pretty happy with myself.  I hadn't seen anyone on the track all day and had a ball.

Here's a sample of the variety of terrain on the Holland Track

No comments:

Post a Comment