Monday, July 11, 2011

Kalgoorlie to Esperance - Tues 5th July

Bummed around Kalgoorlie waiting for 'after lunch' so that I can get the bike looked at.  Changed the front brake pads before scoffing down my lunch.  Turn up at the bike shop at 1pm, thinking that's pretty close to after lunch.  That's when I learn that after lunch means 2pm.  Any by the way, we only have one person on today, and he's busy picking up a bike 80 kms away so you should have the bike by 5pm.  Hmm.. that's more like just before tea rather than after lunch, so I say I'll give it a miss and take off for Norseman or Esperance a bit ticked off.  Changing the oil should only take 20 mins and I had told them the day before that I was only passing through.  Oh well.
I pretty much stayed on the bitumen today, but did jump on a road that followed the railway line for about 50 kms that was fun for a while.  By the time I roll into Esperance it's freezing, belting down rain and is pitch black - not a great way to be when the light on the bike is about as bright as a couple of candles - well, that's how it appeared to me.  Catch a motel for the night - good chance to catch up on the Tour as well :)
No pics today

No comments:

Post a Comment