Monday, July 11, 2011

Holland track to Kalgoorlie - Mon 4th July

Somewhere on the Holland Track to Kalgoorlie - Mon 4th July
Packed up my camp in the morning with a brekky of a muesli bar and a drink of water. I was pretty happy that I camped the night before as I still had about 50kms of the track to go and there was no way I was going to get in Coolgardie before nightfall. There was more of the same tracks, but it took me a while to get in the groove so I was making a mess of things - nearly dropping the bike again.
Once off the track it was a quick blast up a very well made major dirt road for another 50kms or so into Coolgardie. Didn't look like there was much to see so I hit the tar for 40kms to Kalgoorlie - a very straight and boring bit of bitumen.
Once in Kalgoorlie I looked for the motorcycle shops to see if I could the oil changed in the bike. The Suzuki dealer said they'd be able to do it after lunch tomorrow so I went looking for a caravan park to pitch the tent. I checked out the superpit just near Boulder. Boulder is pretty much a suburb of Kalgoorlie - although I'm sure if you asked people from Boulder, they'd say the opposite. What can you say about the superpit? Well, it s bloody great big hole, that's for sure. It's at about 500m deep at the moment.

I can't remember doing much more after that.
End of the Holland Track

Road into Coolgardie

Kalgoorlie Superpit

No comments:

Post a Comment